What is Lo Han?
Lo Han Kuo (Momordica grosvenorii) is a plant cultivated in the mountains of Southern China.
Lo Han fruit contains Mogrosides which are water extracted and offer a pleasant sweet taste, without elevating blood sugar. Lo Han Kuo Mogrosides are up to 250x sweeter than sugar!
In China, people have used it for centuries for both its sweet flavor and its medicinal properties.
After Lo Han is processed, it can be used as a remedy for colds and congestion of the lung. It has also been used in traditional Chinese medicine for coughs, sore throats, gastrointestinal disorder, as well as a blood purifier.
Nowadays it is used as a low calorie-sweetening agent in juices or drinks, or it can be made into a desirable beverage itself.
- Lo Han is a stable, non-fermentable extract which is ideal for Diabetics.
- The extract is easily soluble in water without any sediment.
Lo Han contains high amounts of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
Lo Han Advantages:
- Low Calorie: Lo Han is low in calories.
- Low Glycemic Index: Does not cause extreme fluctuations in blood sugar.
- Heat Stable: Very stable under high temperature, and can be added to both hot as well as cold foods. Suitable for cooking and baking.
Lo Han does not have any of the negative metabolic effects of sugar, such as increased blood sugar or insulin levels. With the advantages of low glycemic index and low calories, Lo Han is a beneficial natural sugar substitute to add to mixed drinks, tea, coffee or other beverages. Lo Han can also be added to foods to sweeten as desired.