This is one of my favorite dressings/marinades/sauces/dips of all time (hence the “All Purpose” in the name). It is tangy, sweet, and rich but light in calories and easy to make! What a happy little dressing.
I use this as salad dressing, but it’s also perfect for tossing pasta salad, marinating portobellos and other veggies before grilling (woo-hoo grilled veggie season is almost here!), and for dressing steamed veggies and quinoa – our family’s go-to meal at least twice a week! We just steam up whatever we have in the fridge – carrots, celery, peppers, mushrooms, kale or chard, onions, broccoli etc., and make quinoa, brown rice, or couscous in the rice cooker. Then I make a yummy sauce to cover it (very often it is this one) and bada-bing, bada-boom, dinner is served!
- 1/2 C. Walnut oil or the oil from the sun dried tomato jar* (I use Mediterranean Organics sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or ground into a paste with
2 pinches of salt*
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice*
- 3 tbsp Balsamic or Sherry* vinegar
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (Don’t have this in your pantry? Go out and get some! Bragg’s Aminos is a staple in my kitchen – it’s a low sodium and gluten-free alternative to soy sauce, and we use it instead of salt in many of our recipes.)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp both salt and pepper
Pour all ingredients in a large canning jar – secure lid and shake well before each use! (No canning jars? you can also whisk all ingredients in a bowl and pour into a dressing bottle or the likes).